Re: [Condor-users] disabling file transfer in vanilla universe

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Claude Saunders <saunders@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ian Chesal wrote:
On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Claude Saunders <saunders@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It just so happens that I set it up so the executable in step (2) above uses stdin and stdout to read and write the files. Given that I'm taking care of the file transfers using gridftp explicitly, I would like to disable the default condor file transfer.

Here's my problem: I'm using vanilla universe, and setting should_transfer_files=no and submitting the job to run on a machine with a different file system. The job won't get run since my.filesystemdomain != target.filesystemdomain, which appears to be a default requirements test.

Does the following not work?

should_transfer_files = if_needed
transfer_input_files =
transfer_executable = false
transfer_output_files =
when_to_transfer_output = on_exit

Basically: empty the list of in/out files to transfer and turn off executable transfer. I can't remember if "empty" means "fill in automatically" or "trust me, I know what I'm doing and I really meant for this list to be empty". :)

- Ian

Unfortunately this does not work: The job runs now, but Condor still transfers the files. This is v7.4.2 incidentally. And although my example uses stdin and stdout, any files generated by the job would get transferred. Undesirable if I'm planning to gridftp them...

(since I'm new to this list, I just want to say I've found Condor very easy to use, and very much appreciate the help)

Yea, I wasn't certain "emtpy" was respected by Condor. Pity.

What about using a dummy file? Something empty, listed as both in and out:

transfer_input_files = dummy.txt
transfer_output_files = dummy.txt

And then:

touch dummy.txt