Re: [Condor-users] disabling file transfer in vanilla universe

Claude Saunders wrote:
  Ian Chesal wrote:
On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Claude Saunders <saunders@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:saunders@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    It just so happens that I set it up so the executable in step (2)
    above uses stdin and stdout to read and write the files. Given
    that I'm taking care of the file transfers using gridftp
    explicitly, I would like to disable the default condor file transfer.

    Here's my problem: I'm using vanilla universe, and setting
    should_transfer_files=no and submitting the job to run on a
    machine with a different file system. The job won't get run since
    my.filesystemdomain != target.filesystemdomain, which appears to
    be a default requirements test.

condor_submit will add in the default requirement for filesystemdomain only if you don't explicitly set it in the job's requirements.

The idea is to make a requirements statement that references FileSystemDomain and yet always evals to true. Something like the following should work for you:

should_transfer_files = never
requirements = FileSystemDomain != "green_eggs_and_ham"

regards and welcome to condor-users!
Todd

--
Todd Tannenbaum                       University of Wisconsin-Madison
Center for High Throughput Computing  Department of Computer Sciences