Re: [Condor-users] Problem with Java Universe

Dear Greg

Fixed : The Condor fix of spaces in paths for the Java variable was interfering with my old fix of using quotes from many moons ago.

#####

I have just run up a clean installation and StarterLog contains the following.

04/28 13:17:28 Locale: English_United States.1252
04/28 13:17:28 my_popen: CreateProcess failed
04/28 13:17:28 JavaDetect: failed to execute "C:\Program' 'Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\java.exe" -classpath C:\Condor/lib;C:\Condor/lib/scimark2lib.jar;. CondorJavaInfo old 2

I can confirm that the files are there, will the different direction of \ on windows make a difference ?

Then I tried running condor_starter -classad and I get the following.

C:\Condor\bin>condor_starter.exe -classad
CondorVersion = "$CondorVersion: 7.4.2 Mar 30 2010 BuildID: 227044 $"
IsDaemonCore = True
HasFileTransfer = True
HasPerFileEncryption = True
HasReconnect = True
HasMPI = True
HasTDP = True
HasJobDeferral = True
HasJICLocalConfig = True
HasJICLocalStdin = True
HasVM = True
HasWindowsRunAsOwner = True

Is it anything to do with a possible fix (memory a bit fuzzy here) regards fixing a problem with spaces in the JAVA configuration value that my original fix from ages ago to use quotes has broken it ?  Trying that now...

And now the StarterLog contains the following.

04/28 13:24:21 Locale: English_United States.1252

And I can now see the machine when I run condor_status -java

So to summarise at the top...

Best regards

James