Re: [Condor-users] compiling Condor

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 3:05 PM, David Kotz <dkotz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>From running strings on our Condor binaries, it seems that they were
compiled with a geriatric version of gcc -- 3.2.3.  Is that because it
does not compile correctly with current versions of gcc?  I've
considered a local build, but I'd like to know what constraints there
are first.

I guess the obvious question is: what do you hope to accomplish by compiling with a newer version of gcc? Or are you just trying to do a local build with local features?

It will compile on Linux w/4.1.2 without any issues.

- Ian

Cycle Computing, LLC
The Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com