Re: [Condor-users] compiling Condor

 On 08/12/2010 02:05 PM, David Kotz wrote:
> From running strings on our Condor binaries, it seems that they were
compiled with a geriatric version of gcc -- 3.2.3.  Is that because it
does not compile correctly with current versions of gcc?  I've
considered a local build, but I'd like to know what constraints there
are first.

On Linux, we compile condor with whichever gcc version comes with the system.
gcc 3.2.3 was the system compiler for rhel3.  Are these the rhel 3 binaries?

Note that if you use checkpointing by condor_compile'ing your code, or link to any of the code in libcondorapi.a (usually the user log reader), you need to carefully match the compiler used to build condor and the libraries to the version used to compile
your code.

-greg