Re: [Condor-users] Condor Daemons Fail to run on node

Do you mean just rebooting the one node or the entire cluster?
Thank you,

Xenia

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Ian Chesal <ichesal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Xenia Fave <xfave2008@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am almost positive quotas are not in use, however is there a command to check this for sure?

Honestly, not sure. I don't deal with Linux filesystem quotas ever.

I was not able to touch the file and thus of course could not write in it.
[xfave@compute-1-0 ~]$ sudo -u condor touch /scratch/condor/log/test.txt
touch: cannot touch `/scratch/condor/log/test.txt': Read-only file system

[xfave@compute-1-1 ~]$ sudo -u condor echo "hello world" >>/scratch/condor/log/test.txt
-bash: /scratch/condor/log/test.txt: Read-only file system

That's good: at least it means it's not a Condor issue. Something is wrong with the filesystem mount on the machine.

I tried to remount the file system and received the following. I have never used the command before so perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

[xfave@compute-1-0 condor]$ sudo umount /scratch /dev/sda3
Password:
umount: /scratch: device is busy
umount: /scratch: device is busy
umount: /scratch: device is busy
umount: /scratch: device is busy

If you don't want to go through the tedious exercise of tracking down all the processes with open handles on /scratch you can just reboot the box. Sledge hammer, but time efficient.

- Ian