[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] Condor and Matlab: BASICS
- Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 09:50:21 -0600
- From: Mick Beaver <mick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Condor and Matlab: BASICS
On 12/07/2010 09:34 AM, matlaberboy@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
set up the central manager correctly. What I don’t know is all the other
stuff, such as do I need to install matlab on each worker? What do calls
from matlab to condor look like? Etc etc.
I think you may be thinking too big. In the simple case, Condor will
take an executable and input files, run your program, and then copy back
the output when your program is finished.. Since Matlab is a licensed
product, you have three choices.
1. You run as many copies of Matlab as you have licenses for.
2. You purchase the Matlab compiler and "compile" your Matlab program
into an executable, which can be run anywhere without contacting a
3. You use something else like GNU Octave.
As far as Condor configuration goes, there is not too much to specify in
the most basic case. As always, the manual is a great resource. Perhaps
you might also like the Condor Administration Tutorial presentation from
Condor Week 2010: