Re: [Condor-users] Is there an "import" function in the classad language?

On 01/07/2010 08:40 AM, Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:
> I'd like multiple classads to share the same content.  I'm looking for
> the equivalent of #include <common.ca> in the classad language.  I can't
> find any reference to this, but perhaps I haven't looked hard enough, or
> there is some clever way to achieve the same result.
>
> I had previously achieved this by having a single classad with multiple
> queue statements, however I'm now using DAGs, and each job node gets its
> own directory and "node" classad that the DAG references.  I'm going to
> look into parameterized classads with DAG which probably will solve this
> issue, but knowing my options would be good, and there are other ways in
> which a #include functionality would be helpful.
>
> TIA,
>
> Ian

Important - The text in the file passed to condor_submit isn't a ClassAd. It is transformed by condor_submit into a ClassAd. You can think of the text as being in the condor_submit language.

That said, I don't think there's a #include for the condor_submit language.

What are the other uses for #include that come to mind? I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned here before.

Best,

matt