Re: [Condor-users] GPU and condor?

Thanks Mike for hint, that's what I've read already, seems like the project is not much alive since February 2009, or? Anyway I'll look at the sourceforge more in details what's in the box...

Will post any interesting update when we move forward with this, it'll be soon I believe, our organization is willing to invest in GPUs in large scale project in near future, so that's why we "research" now for good way of building sustainable infrastructure which can increase its size as easy as possible... Everything linux based facilities, centOS.

Will see how it goes, but still I believe, that condor is our hope and motivation for this experiment. So, I bet I'll dig into this mailing list more often soon, also with other colleagues.

Thanks and cheers,
Marian

Michael O'Donnell wrote:

Our group has been considering this technology as well. I suggest taking a look at these URLS (if you have not seen them already):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/condorgpu/
/www.cs.wisc.edu//*/condor/*//*Condor*//Week2009/*condor*//.../*blattner*//_integrating_*gpus*//.ppt/

The work that has been done has been with Linux OS. Our group has only just began using Condor and we have not spent any significant time looking into this technology, but I think there could be great potential. We are using Condor to support a wide array of research that utilizes statistical packages, Geographic Information Science (GIS) applications, Java and others and therefore, we have not determined how restricted we would be using this technology. A lot of our most demanding work is in GIS, and a majority of our applications work with proprietary software so some of our initial concerns require investigating what type of applications and what type of programming languages will work in this environment as well as what is involved with getting Condor and GPUs to work on Windows environment.

If you do make any progress, it would be great to hear back from you.

Mike