Re: [Condor-users] GPU and condor?

On 1/7/10 10:38 AM, Miron Livny wrote:
To all GPUers out there,

We would be very interested in hearing from you what Condor can do to help you in managing GPU clusters. So far we did not find much we can offer in this space. Any guidance you can provide will be most welcomed.

I'm not very involved in GPU computing, but one thing we would imagine wanting to do would be segmentation of a GPU into multiple job slots. One could imagine a GPU-centric pool configuration where a single system with, say, 8 CPU cores, manages a connect GPU system with, say, 32 sets of 32 stream processors each, or 4 sets per CPU. The one physical system which usually would have 8 condor job slots would instead have 32 job slots.

Ian

--
Ian Stokes-Rees                            W: http://abitibi.sbgrid.org
ijstokes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               T: +1.617.432.5608 x75

begin:vcard
fn:Ian Stokes-Rees, PhD
n:Stokes-Rees;Ian
org:Harvard Medical School;Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
adr:250 Longwood Ave;;SGM-105;Boston;MA;02115;USA
email;internet:ijstokes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Research Associate, Sliz Lab
tel;work:+1.617.432.5608 x75
tel;fax:+1.617.432.5600