Re: [Condor-users] New user with a lot of questions

Hi, Jean.

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 09:43 +0200, Jean-m. a. wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm new to condor so I have a lot of questions!
>
> 1) Does the condition CpuIdleTime exist. If it doesn't where and how
> can I define it.

As Erik indicated, the classad for the slot has information on load and
time in current state.  You can see nearly everything Condor knows about
a machine in the long listing of its classad:

  condor_status -l [machine_name]

or

  condor_status -l slotN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

for the detailed listing of a single slot on the machine.

> 2) I'm actually using condor on ubuntu 10.04 and running the master
> server on it.
> On ubuntu there is not full portage, and specially no standart
> universe. If I go
> on debian or other linux where there is this universe, If the other
> computers of the
> pool still run on ubuntu will they be able to use the standart
> universe?

I have the RHEL5 dynamic tarball installed on my Ubuntu machines, and
everything, including the standard universe, seems to work.

> 3) Is there a way to monitor a running job, to know it's history:
> what succession of state does it went throught, was it restarted from
> the begining. Im interested in this because, i am testing some
> parameters
> and it will be helpful.

You have access to nearly all of the information about a job through the
long listing of its classad:

  condor_q -l [job_number]

You can grep for the bit you want like so:

  $ condor_q -l 15852.0 | grep -i restart
  NumRestarts = 0

There is also a job monitor app here, which may give you at least part
of what you need.  I haven't tried it for several versions of Condor,
but it may still work.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/tools/job-monitor/

> 4) Is there a way to force condor_status to refresh :)
>
> 5) I don't really know how to share the condor_config file.
> Is there a way to propagate it to the computeur on the pool.
> (It doesn't sound secure but i'm wondering).

My config files are in an NFS-mounted directory, shared by all machines.

> 6) Where is defined who can suppress all the job of the queue
> and who can't

In the config file:

_____

##  What users do you want to grant super user access to this job
##  queue?  (These users will be able to remove other user's jobs).
##  By default, this only includes root.
QUEUE_SUPER_USERS       =
_______