From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steven Timm
Sent: 21 July 2010 19:35
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Jobs are held in Linux machine when
submittedfrom windows

I am not sure about Windows but I know that in Linux when you submit a
job to condor it automatically appends a OpSys=="LINUX"
requirement.  Probably windows would do the same.  You can override it
by specifying OpSys="LINUX" in the requirements when you submit from the
windows machine.

Steve Timm

<gunjit3788@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

> 		Please make sure that  $CONDORHOME/execute directory has
write
> permissions for the account that condor uses to execute a job.
> 		where $CONDORHOME is the path where condor is installed
> 		Gunjit Mishra
> 		B-Tech Part IV
> 		Computer Science Department,
> 		IT-BHU, Varanasi
> 		mob : 9457408418
>

> 		On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 5:31 PM, AMARNATH, Balachandar
> <BALACHANDAR.AMARNATH@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> 			Hi,
>
> 			 I am submtting a job from Windows to Linux
machine.The user
> account in both the machine is different. All my jobs are held when
> submitted. The starterLog from the execution host is as
> follows:-
>
> 			********************
> 			   Create_Process: Cannot access specified
executable
> "/var/lib/condor/dir_***/condor_exec.exe" :errno = 13 (Permission
> denied)
>
> 			ERROR "Create_Process
> (/var/lib/condor/execute/dir_***/condor_exec.exe,, ...)failed" at line
> 509 in file os_proc.cpp
> 			ShutdownFast all jobs
> 			******************
>
> 			In both my windows and linux machine, the
UID_DOMAIN,
> TRUST_UID_DOMAIN=TRUE, and SOFT_UID_DOMAIN=TRUE are same in the config

> files. Can somebody give me a hint on what went wrong here ?
>

> 			With thanks and regards
> 			Bala
>
> 			The information in this e-mail is confidential.
> The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the
> addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
> 			If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify Airbus
> immediately and delete this e-mail.
> 			Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the
accuracy or
> completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks.
> If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its
> Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
> 			All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked
using regularly