Re: [Condor-users] Jobs are held in Linux machine when submittedfrom windows

The permission on the execute directory on the execution host once it
has created the temporary directory is as follows:

************************************
Drwxr-xr-r 2 BAAMARNA5617 BAAMARNA5617 4096 2010-07-23 10:35 DIR_1159
*************************************

Further, in the starter log file, there is a warning also indicating
'unable to chmod
condor_exec.exe to ensure the execute bit is set: Operation not
permitted

With regards
Bala

-----Original Message-----
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Burnett, Ben
Sent: 22 July 2010 21:31
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Jobs are held in Linux machine when
submittedfrom windows

One the execute node, can you check the permissions of the executable
once it has been transferred, it may be that permissions on the file are
not being set correctly.

-B

On 2010-07-20, at 6:01 AM, AMARNATH, Balachandar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am submtting a job from Windows to Linux machine.The user account in

> both the machine is different. All my jobs are held when submitted.
> The starterLog from the execution host is as follows:-
>
> ********************
>   Create_Process: Cannot access specified executable
> "/var/lib/condor/dir_***/condor_exec.exe" :errno = 13 (Permission
> denied)
> ERROR "Create_Process
> (/var/lib/condor/execute/dir_***/condor_exec.exe,,
> ...)failed" at line 509 in file os_proc.cpp ShutdownFast all jobs
> ******************
>
> In both my windows and linux machine, the UID_DOMAIN,
> TRUST_UID_DOMAIN=TRUE, and SOFT_UID_DOMAIN=TRUE are same in the config

> files. Can somebody give me a hint on what went wrong here ?
>

> With thanks and regards
> Bala
>

> The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not
be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this
e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Airbus
immediately and delete this e-mail.
> Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or
completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If
you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy
or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
> All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated
virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem
to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are
virus free.