Re: [Condor-users] java universe, how to configure jvm location?

On 06/03/2010 11:20 PM, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:
Just tried the following settings and it worked fine on my Windows XP
SP2 laptop w/ Condor v7.4.2:

JAVA = c:\windows\system32\java.exe
JAVA_MAXHEAP_ARGUMENT = -Xmx
JAVA_CLASSPATH_DEFAULT = $(LIB) $(LIB)/scimark2lib.jar .
JAVA_CLASSPATH_ARGUMENT = -classpath
JAVA_CLASSPATH_SEPARATOR = ;
# I am too impatient to run benchmarks whenever I restart Condor
JAVA_BENCHMARK_TIME = 0
JAVA_EXTRA_ARGUMENTS =

Hi Todd,

That's weird.. I tried with your settings (the only difference was that you have your JAVA path in all lowercase) and it worked. Then I tried again with my original uppercase WINDOWS, and it still worked. I tried various misspellings and trailing whitespace in an effort to reproduce my 143 failure status, but I can't. I suppose that is a good thing. :)

Out of curiosity, is the system32\java.exe the way to go here? I'm used to /usr/bin/java pointing to whatever version or alternative the local system happens to have installed. Is this similar?

Thank you for confirming correct settings!

Rob de Graaf
Erasmus MC