[Condor-users] condor_compile + gfortran44

Hi,

I am having a small problem with using condor_compile to relink my binaries & I hope someone can help. The program source code is written in Fortran 90 & is compiled & linked with gfortran44, a version of gfortran on Scientific Linux & other RHEL-based distros included in a gcc 4.4 package which can be used to compile code using the features included in gcc 4.4, but without replacing the system default of gcc 4.1.2.

The problem is that, while condor_compile recognises & is successful in an attempt to relink a binary by invoking condor_compile gfortran , it doesn't recognise condor_compile gfortran44 as a valid compiler choice despite gfortran44 being nothing more than an upgraded version of the system's default gfortran Fortran compiler. I tried a simple alias of gfortran for gfortran44, but condor_compile commands using that alias return 'undefined reference to '_gfortran_set_options'. I guess ths occurs because, despite invoking gfortran44, linking is actually being done against libgfortran 4.1.

I have read in the Condor manual (section 3.13.5) that a full install of condor_compile involves replacing the system linker ld with Condor's linker, allowing condor_compile to work transparently with all system commands, including make. Does anyone know if doing this would resolve my problem? If not, is there another avenue to solving it? Does condor_compile have any config files which can be edited to expand the list of allowed compilers to include gfortran44? Unfortunately, the program code in question can only be compiled through gfortran44, so I won't be able to run it on Condor unless I can successfully link it with the Condor library.

Thanks in advance,
Paul