Re: [Condor-users] Condor not Recognising Mounted Drive

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:49 AM, kuldeep singh meel <goldy.kuldeep@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Thanks for your reply.Actually we tried the former one but we ran into problems as if we kill some jobs in midway then those drives remain mounted and unfortunately we are running the processes on windows where only 10 mappings are allowed at a time, so we ran into troubles.

Odd. Condor destroys the desktop under which the job is run. You'd think Windows would be smart enough to drop the mount mappings when this happens.

   I was wondering whether is there any way to make condor to not run under a completely seperate temporary desktop as We are running jobs as Owner.
Also how can we use UNC paths because when we tried using them then it gave error" UNC paths are not supported in CMD.exe".

What's the command you're running with your jobs? What version of Windows? I've never had any problem doing something like:

cmd = foo.bat
iwd = \\my\unc\file\path
args = \\another\unc\file\path.txt

With NT 4 on up through Vista.

- Ian

Cycle Computing, LLC
The Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com