Re: [Condor-users] Allocating memory and cpus per job

Senthil,

Thank you for replying, I knew that is the simplest way to achieve the goal of claiming only 1 CPU but if I configure the startd machine that way I will only be able to utilize one CPU at out of 4 it has available, this user only submits jobs 3-4 times per week so whenever he send his jobs I will have to stop condor on that machine, change the configuration, submit the job, wait for to finish, stop condor again, then change again the condor_config to advertize all CPU’s so, it is way too much work and I will be limiting the machine ability to be utilized at the most efficient way. I think I found what I need in the How-to-Admin-Recipes what I want, http://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToAllowSomeJobs. I need to claim the whole machine for these jobs. I am having some issues dissecting how to apply the article and make it work but that is another story thanks anyways again.

Respectfully,

Alex Alas

Systems Administrator
Fugro EarthData Inc
.

Tel. 301-948-8550 x219 Fax 301-963-2064 E-mail: aalas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

7320 Executive Way, Frederick, MD  21704