Re: [Condor-users] submit on public, execution on private network

Oops. I misread your situation. My recommendation was appropriate for a submit node in a private network connecting to execute nodes on a public network.

When the submit node is public and the execute nodes are private, the configuration lines I recommended should instead be placed in the configuration of the execute nodes.

--Dan

Dan Bradley wrote:
With Condor 7.4, I recommend using CCB.

In the configuration of the submit node, do this:

CCB_ADDRESS = $(COLLECTOR_HOST)
PRIVATE_NETWORK_NAME = $(FULL_HOSTNAME)

--Dan

kristian kvilekval wrote:
What is the proper way to have submit machines that don't have direct
access to the execute machine due to a firewall and private network.

I would like to allow our desktop machine to submit jobs to our cluster. The majority of nodes on the cluster are on a private network with a few head nodes sharing both private and public network. Our setup is currently working and I can submit jobs from these head nodes. However, I would like to submit a job from desktop machine (same architecture, shares the filesystem) to the cluster. I have seen posts and pages about using flocking, cluster-c, condor-brick,
GCB and now in the 7.5 distribution notes something about
PrivateNetworkIpAddr,  but am unsure which  method to use if any at all.

Any pointers or recipes appreciated.

Thanks
Kris