[Condor-users] I'm trying to run a program with Condor.

Hello.

I'm trying to run a program called Root using Condor.

First, I'll explain the configuration of our machines.

We have 13 machines and one of them is central manager.

All data needed is shared by NFS so that all machines have the same /home and /data folders.

NIS is also set and Condor is installed individually.

Based on the tutorial
-------------------------------------
  ########################
  # Submit description file for mathematica
  ########################
  executable     = mathematica
  universe       = vanilla
  input          = test.data
  output         = test.out
  error          = test.error
  log            = test.log

  queue
-------------------------------------

I tried this
-------------------------------------
   executable     = root
   universe       = vanilla
   output           = test.out
   error              = test.err
   log                 = test.log

   queue
-------------------------------------

Then Condor gives me this error message.
-------------------------------------
Submitting job(s)
ERROR: Executable file root does not exist
-------------------------------------
though I can type "root" to run it anywhere on the shell.

Is there any way to fix this?

Anyway, I used the executable as absolute path
   executable = /data/root_v5.26/bin/root
then it runs!!

but the problem is that it only runs on the central machine not on the executors

How can I solve these problems?

Thanks for reading.
I'm looking forward to your reply.