Re: [Condor-users] Error when setting Pool Password on Processing Node

Thank you for the response.

I tied your suggestion, the results appear to be the same.  I do not understand why. The condor_stor_cred add -c -d alternates betwen 3 or so different debugging outputs when I run it, one I have listed in my original email.  It always reports:

Operation Failed
     Make sure you have CONFIG access to the Target Mas

One of the variants of the -d output from condor_Store_cred looked like this

STORE_CRED: In mode 'add'
IPVERIFY: unable to resolve IP address of mypoolmanager.mydommain
IPVERIFY: unable to resolve IP address of mypoolmanager.mydommain
store_cred: failed to recv answer

The other variant of the -d output is nothing, just the Operation Failed Message

I have been looking in the credd log on the pool manager for some hints, I think some part of interest looks like this:

Calculating hkt 'condor_pool@mydimain (24) 'condor_pool@mydomain'
ServerSend 'condor_pool@mydomain
PW: Server receiving 2
Error from client
AUTHENTICATE method 512 (PASSWORD) failed
HANDSHAKE: <snip>

(I have to transcribe on paper and retype these logs by hand due to forces beyond my control, and can provide more detail if needed)

I have run a simple chat program on the port that they list and it works, I don't think there should be a problem with network access, but it seems to consistently complain about that.

Any other ideas?