[Condor-users] Installing and running Condor on Amazon EC2 windows AMI

Hi,

I am slowly working towards setting up a condor pool comprised of Amazon EC2 instances. In other words an ad-hoc condor pool made up of a series of EC2 instances networked together each running condor. I am a bit of a novice with EC2 but I think I might be able to do this with a Virtual Private Cloud in EC2. Anyway the executable I need to run within the pool on EC2 is built for Windows, so as a first step I am just trying to install and run condor on a single EC2 Windows instance.

I am using the msi installer and leaving the default options and condor seems to install successfully. After installing and running ‘condor_store_cred’ I can submit a (dagman) job and condor_q shows the jobs in the queue. However condor_status does not work (reports nothing) and the jobs in the queue never get executed. This same job works fine on a small local test pool made up of physical machines so I suspect the problem is not in the job but in the install configuration on the EC2 instance. Does anyone have any experience with this or suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob Matthews