Re: [Condor-users] Hooks in the Scheduler Universe?

On 10/06/2010 08:23 PM, Ian Chesal wrote:
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 6:36 PM, Matthew Farrellee <matt@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:matt@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 10/06/2010 05:37 PM, Ian Chesal wrote:

        On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Matthew Farrellee
        <matt@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:matt@xxxxxxxxxx>
        <mailto:matt@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:matt@xxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:

            Ian Chesal wrote:

                On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 10:28 AM, David Arthur
        <mumrah@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:mumrah@xxxxxxxxx>
        <mailto:mumrah@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:mumrah@xxxxxxxxx>>
        <mailto:mumrah@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:mumrah@xxxxxxxxx>

        <mailto:mumrah@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:mumrah@xxxxxxxxx>>>> wrote:

                    I'm hoping to use the Job Hook system for DAGs. I
        would like to
                    utilize the "prepare job" and "job exit" hooks (to get
                notifications
                    when the DAG is about to start, and once it's complete).

                I don't want to knock too much on hooks, but unless
        you're using
                them on non-Windows nodes I wouldn't recommend this
        approach.
                The technology is still unstable on Windows.  It's very
        easy to
                crash a startd.

            That pipe/signal bug never got fully flushed out did it?

        Unfortunately no.

    Todd seems to think it is -

    https://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=422

    Were there other problems? I note that Pete saw some issues on his
    8-way.

Didn't notice that'd been closed...subscribed with my old email
address. I'll have to reopen that with 7.4.2 data. I still see that error.

- Ian

When you do, go for opening a new ticket and starting it by saying it is likely a continuation of the previous. #422 is getting confused.

Best,

matt