Re: [Condor-users] USER_JOB_WRAPPER

Sónia Liléo wrote:

Dear Ian,

I am trying using the USER_JOB_WRAPPER variable.

I have defined this variable in the global configuration file (condor_config) of the execute machine. Is this correct?

Yes.

Could you please also confirm if the following is correct,

If I define in the .sub file transfer_executable = true, then the executable file will be transferred to the var/lib/condor/execute directory of the execute machine.

Is this correct?

Yes. Actually, it will be transferred into a dynamically created subdirectory of the directory specified by EXECUTE in the condor_config. Note that transfer_executable is True by default.

Will the executable file remain in the execute directory until it is executed?

Yes.

Will the executable file be deleted if for some reason it cannot be executed?

Yes. The subdirectory which will hold the executable is created before Condor attempts to launch the job, and removed (along with all of its contents) when the job exits for any reason, incl if the executable fails to exec.

regards,
Todd

--
Todd Tannenbaum                       University of Wisconsin-Madison
Center for High Throughput Computing  Department of Computer Sciences