[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] efficiency question
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 19:27:56 -0400
- From: Rita <rmorgan466@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] efficiency question
Thanks everyone for your replies.
I am going to wait for 7.6.2 and upgrade. I decided to skip 7.4.x series.
On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Matthew Farrellee <matt@xxxxxxxxxx>
On 04/08/2011 08:04 PM, Rita wrote:
3) The most recent negotiation cycle and how many were negotiated
Parse a log file?
In 7.6.0 you'll hopefully get all the stats you care about from condor_status -negotiator -long. Let us know if some are missing.
Before 7.6.0 you'll have to parse logs,
This would be a condor_q -format and some post-processing. An RFE may be to add sum of ImageSize/RequestMemory/something to Submitter ads, visible from condor_status -submitter -long.
4) Top 10 users who are requesting the most memory and their jobs are
Check for request_memory?
Same as (4).
5) Top 10 users who are requesting the most CPU and their jobs are
condor_status -negotiator -long
Basically, it boils down to using condor_status and condor_q. I haven't
found a way to query the negotiator deamon for statistics.
That is very frequent. You should expect condor_q that processes all jobs that often to perturb your system.
BTW, I plan on running these commands on a 5 second basis.
--- Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.