Re: [Condor-users] MATLAB job

There is another way which we run Compiled Matlab Jobs
in Madison. Though having Matlab runtimes(MCR) on each execute node
works, We have found packing up the runtime with the job
and installing it in place in the sandbox of the execute node
has strong merits. In this manner we can run on any available
execute node be it in our CHTC pool or another on campus like the CS
pool or even Open Science Grid.

Recently we have started to use curl to fetch it from
a squid or web server.

One of the great parts about Compiled Matlab is you
only need a license for the compilers and toolboxes.

Note, though most Matlab toolboxes can be compiled
there are some that can not.

Bill Taylor
University of Wisconsin, Madison
Computer Sciences