[Condor-users] Getting cpuinfo in standard universe jobs

Dear all,

How can I get the CPU information (model and speed) on the nodes where
my standard universe jobs are executed? They are x86-64 Linux nodes.

I tried reading "/proc/cpuinfo" using stdio functions in C, but the
"file" seems to be empty for standard universe jobs. Perhaps reading
the proc fs isn't supported in the standard universe.

I found that the CPUID opcode (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPUID) may
give me what I need. Do you think it will work in my case? If yes, do
you think it's the way to go? Or would you suggest other alternatives?

Thanks,
Ka-Hei Law