Re: [Condor-users] Job completion hooks

On Friday, July 15, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Tyler Strickland wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that, Matt. Knowing when a job is fully complete -
file transfers included - could be a very useful thing, especially when
files could take up to several minutes to transfer. I'll look further
into watching the log files, but my preliminary look into that didn't
turn up much that would be of direct assistance.
No? Because that's really the most complete record of a job's termination that you have access to that's non-invasive (watching the queue with condor_q can lead to performance issues). It is a complete record of the job's run history.
On a side note, does Condor's email notification system send out emails
before or after the file transfer occurs? If after, I might be able to
redirect those emails into my administration software and use them as
"hook" themselves...
After. I can't recall if it's the shadow or the schedd that sends the email, but it's on that side of the equation and it's done after the job has moved to the completed state.

Regards,
- Ian

---
Ian Chesal

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com
http://twitter.com/cyclecomputing