Re: [Condor-users] Condor - windows security/auth

Hi Tim,

On Wednesday, June 15, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Tim Kremer wrote:

Will condor run fine across multiple windows machines without active directory?
Yes, it can run just fine without AD tying your machines together.
If i want to set up a relatively secure and reliable cluster in the cloud with windows machines, should I be using active directory?
AD is definitely not a necessity. At Cycle Computing, we build secure and reliable clouds around Windows execute nodes in EC2 every day via CycleCloud. We use Condor's built-in security for pool-level authentication and to keep the Condor side of things locked down. And the Windows nodes have only the single login you get with the instance when it spins up. We let Condor build and destroy temporary accounts for the jobs as they run on machines.

Regards,
- Ian

---
Ian Chesal

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com
http://twitter.com/cyclecomputing