Thanks for your reply.
Just a few hours ago i actually tried contacting cyclecomputing via your website's contact form however the form actually through an exception...
I'm wondering about engaging your firm's services to help with setting up a windows pool.
Here's a copy of the message i was sending in case it didn't make it:
Hi Cycle team,
I'm in the process of starting a condor deployment.
Do you have members of your team that can provide consulting advice and assistence with design and configuration of a condor grid?
We are a web development team with windows infrastructure experience.
I have already set up a basic condor grid of 3 nodes and we can successfully run our jobs with condor's native soap interface. I'm unsure of how to design a highly reliable production grid in the cloud.
Basic grid requirements:
- soap submition of jobs
- grid must be highly reliable
- medium level security required at the moment
- grid will be used for ongoing processing of client jobs (video processing)
- grid should be hosted in amazon ec2, and support programmatically adding/removing nodes on demand.
- initally windows execute nodes, but may need to add linux nodes later
- ideally windows central admin/schedd since we don't have linux experience.
Ideally your team would assist with recommending reliable infrastructure typology choices, security setup & provide configuration file templates for each grid role (schedd, central admin, execute node)
Does it sound like something your team could do?
What rates would you charge & how would the engagement work?
Thank you very much,
www.spyk.com | +61 412 482 696
Sent from my iPhone
On 16/06/2011, at 11:04 PM, Ian Chesal <ichesal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: