Re: [Condor-users] Condor - windows security/auth

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply.
Just a few hours ago i actually tried contacting cyclecomputing via your website's contact form however the form actually through an exception...

I'm wondering about engaging your firm's services to help with setting up a windows pool.

Here's a copy of the message i was sending in case it didn't make it:

Hi Cycle team,

I'm in the process of starting a condor deployment.
Do you have members of your team that can provide consulting advice and assistence with design and configuration of a condor grid?

We are a web development team with windows infrastructure experience.

I have already set up a basic condor grid of 3 nodes and we can successfully run our jobs with condor's native soap interface. I'm unsure of how to design a highly reliable production grid in the cloud.

Basic grid requirements:
- soap submition of jobs
- grid must be highly reliable
- medium level security required at the moment
- grid will be used for ongoing processing of client jobs (video processing)
- grid should be hosted in amazon ec2, and support programmatically adding/removing nodes on demand.
- initally windows execute nodes, but may need to add linux nodes later
- ideally windows central admin/schedd since we don't have linux experience.

Ideally your team would assist with recommending reliable infrastructure typology choices, security setup & provide configuration file templates for each grid role (schedd, central admin, execute node)

Does it sound like something your team could do?
What rates would you charge & how would the engagement work?

Thank you very much,

Kind Regards,

Tim Kremer
www.spyk.com | +61 412 482 696