Re: [Condor-users] Getting Started

On 05/04/2011 03:47 PM, Ian Chesal wrote:
Larry,

On Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Larry Owen wrote:

Thanks for the help earlier. New issue, or should I say Newb issue.

I have 2 nodes in my test cluster, one running all the services the
other just master and startd.

condor_status will show both, however when I submit a jobs they never
run on the worker. condor_status -available will list the node as
available.

I looked at Negotiator.log, but can't find any clues. How do I go
about finding the cause?
Check the job's requirements attribute:

condor_q -f "%s\n" requirements

Do they constrain you out of running on your other machine?

You could consider shutting off condor_startd on the good machine
(condor_off -subsys STARTD) so that the job only has the one bad machine
to run on. And once you have a job in the queue, idling, try running:

condor_q -better-analyze <cluster>.<proc>

Where <cluster> and <proc> are replaced by the cluster ID and process ID
of your idle job. This command will give you an analysis of your job's
requirements expression and can make suggestions on what to change to
get it to match machines.

If the output isn't clear, cut and paste it to this thread and one of us
can give you additional guidance.

Regards,
- Ian
--
Ian Chesal
ichesal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My money is on a filesystem_domain mismatch, submit with...

shouldtransferfiles=if_needed
whentotransferoutput=on_exit

Best,

matt