[Condor-users] How to preempt a job for jobs with "important" set

Hi all

I've set up a system with "pickle" slots as described here:

https://condor-
wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToReserveSlotForSpecialJobs

However, I do allow other jobs to run there as well (namely standard universe
jobs) via

START = ($(START)) && (MY.IsPickleSlot =!= True || TARGET.IsPickleJob) || (
JobUniverse =?= 1 )

That does work, but now I want remote pickle jobs to preempt running non-
pickle jobs and currently I'm struggling how to achieve this.

To my understanding, MY above refers to the machine classad while TARGET
refers to the job class ad. But how can I compare the class ads of the
currently running job with a job which might come to this slot?

What do I need to put into PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS and/or PREEMPTION_RANK
(and/or RANK)?

Has anyone done that successfully?

TIA

Carsten

--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert - Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics
Callinstrasse 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany