[Condor-users] Condor on Ubuntu

Hey folks,

I'Ve installed a condor master on my Ubuntu machine. It works very
well, but I've some trouble with the init script. When I want to start
the master via init script I get an error that says "FATAL: Required
directory /var/run/condor does not exist, or is not a directory.". My
idea was now to create the directory if missing. This is done also in
the start() routine, but this is too late cause the verfiy_directory
routine checks it first and stops the script. So I've copied the
chekcing an creating from the start routine to the lines above from
the lines where the directory gets checked. So my routine looks now
like this:

set_condor_run() {
  if [ "$CONDOR_RUN" != "" ]; then
    return 0
  fi
  CONDOR_RUN=`get_condor_config_val RUN no`
  if [ "$CONDOR_RUN" = "" ]; then
    CONDOR_RUN=`get_condor_config_val LOG yes`
  fi
  if [ "$CONDOR_RUN" != "" -a ! -d "$CONDOR_RUN" ] ; then
        mkdir "$CONDOR_RUN"
  fi
  verify_readable_directory "$CONDOR_RUN"
  return 0
}

Are there any reasons why not to modify the file like this?

Best regards,
Gerrit

--
Gerrit Garbereder B.Sc.
Mathematisch-technischer Softwareentwickler

Rechen- und Kommunikationszentrum
Virtual Reality Group
Dienstgebäude Kopernikusstraße 6, 52074 Aachen (Germany)
Raum 108
Tel.: +49 (0) 241 80-29731
mailto:garbereder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx