Re: [Condor-users] rooster on linux, take 3

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The other problem I see here is that HIBERNATE_CHECK_INTERVAL
>  "... is ignored when the machine has just returned from a low power
> state (excluding shutdown (5)). In order to avoid machines from
> volleying between a running state and a low power state, an hour of
> uptime is enforced after a machine has been woken."
>
> Does that mean machines that hibernate to s5 are supposed to volley
> between booting up and shutting down every 5 minutes? Why doesn't it
> check the uptime after reboot?

That would depend on your other settings. Out of the box, the machine
would remain in "Owner" state for the first 15 minutes after booting,
IIRC. Then, depending on your hibernation-related settings, it would
hibernate at some defined time after entering unclaimed state
(assuming you're using something resembling the default value of
ShouldHibernate and HIBERNATE).

--
Ben Cotton
Systems Research Engineer