Re: [Condor-users] rooster on linux, take 3

On 11/25/11 6:00 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
On 11/22/2011 12:08 PM, Dan Bradley wrote:

So for testing, if you want to wake up machines regardless of whether
they have been matched to jobs, you could just put the following in
rooster's configuration:

ROOSTER_UNHIBERNATE = Offline

That will attempt to unhibernate all offline machines, without reference
to the machine's unhibernate expression.
Is that supposed to be settable with condor_config_val?

No. The rooster daemon is currently not configurable via condor_config_val. You will need to modify the configuration file and run condor_reconfig.

The other problem I see here is that HIBERNATE_CHECK_INTERVAL
  "... is ignored when the machine has just returned from a low power
state (excluding shutdown (5)). In order to avoid machines from
volleying between a running state and a low power state, an hour of
uptime is enforced after a machine has been woken."

Does that mean machines that hibernate to s5 are supposed to volley
between booting up and shutting down every 5 minutes? Why doesn't it
check the uptime after reboot?

I'm skeptical about the truth of the statement in the manual. In a quick glance through the code, I don't see any suppression of hibernation for an hour after it wakes up. I could have overlooked it, but I've made a note to verify the behavior.

--Dan