Re: [Condor-users] Problem with tilde expansion, Condor user, etc.

Hi,

Matthew Farrellee <matt@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Condor uses getpwnam(3) to expand tilde. It could be a caching issue on the
> machines.
>
> Some more information, such as condor_config_val -config and running getpwnam
> (below) on working and broken machines could be informative.

There were errors about getpwnam in some of the machines involved in the
StartLog file, so perhaps this had something to do with it.

> Also, do you have to reboot the machine or does restarting Condor alone fix the
> problem? Condor does some of its own caching. Does a condor_reconfig (or
> condor_reconfig -full) clear up the issue?

Restarting Condor was not enough...

Before I got your message, I decided to upgrade from Condor 7.4.4 to
7.6.3 and the problem vanished (at least for now...)

Thanks,
--
Ángel de Vicente
http://angel-de-vicente.blogspot.com/