Re: [Condor-users] Modifying Condor's MSI distribution

The main reasoning behind those choices was that if you are joining a pool, you just need to point to the central manager.  The collector name is only looked at by the collector and is a bookkeeping thing for us humans.  It's mostly irrelevant as far as the pool itself is concerned.  So unless you are doing a reinstall of the central manager, at which point you're basically rebuilding the pool anyway, there's no point in setting the collector/pool name.  The POOLNAME is COLLECTOR_NAME.  The weird convention is due to the old MSI installer having that convention, so blame whoever first wrote it.  We kept the naming convention intact in the new MSI installer in case people had unattended install scripts that relied on the old names.