Re: [Condor-users] specify job requirements for multi-thread job

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 5:37 AM, Matthew Farrellee <matt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

RequestCPUs only works on partitionable slots. If you want to be sure your job only runs on a machine with 3 CPUs to give your job you can add CPUs >= 3 to your Requirements.
So the other way is i configure my condor to have partitionable slots. don't know how but will explore if it's the case.

Of course, that'll likely just cause your job never to run without extra configuration on your execute nodes to create slots with multiple CPUs, by default they all have 1.

I don't get this sentence. Does "CPUs >= 3" result in my job occupying the whole machine? Is that what you mean?

thanks,
yu

Best,

matt