Re: [Condor-users] specify job requirements for multi-thread job

On 09/03/2011 03:37 PM, Yu Huang wrote:

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 5:37 AM, Matthew Farrellee <matt@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:matt@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    RequestCPUs only works on partitionable slots. If you want to be
    sure your job only runs on a machine with 3 CPUs to give your job
    you can add CPUs >= 3 to your Requirements.

So the other way is i configure my condor to have partitionable slots.
don't know how but will explore if it's the case.

    Of course, that'll likely just cause your job never to run without
    extra configuration on your execute nodes to create slots with
    multiple CPUs, by default they all have 1.

I don't get this sentence. Does "CPUs >= 3" result in my job occupying
the whole machine? Is that what you mean?

It results in your jobs only running on slots that have >=3 CPUs. If your pool don't have such slots, your job won't run.

Best,

matt

thanks,
yu