Re: [Condor-users] slow scheduling of dagman jobs

On 9/8/11 11:35 AM, Patty Bragger wrote:
But if that is the case, that this is just the overhead of submitting individual jobs, why don't I see the same overhead when submitting 100 separate jobs through a non-dag submit? What is the difference between submitting a dag file that has 100 entries and submitting a non-dag file that has 100 job submissions (not through queue 100, but through 100 separate job definitions in the file.) I would expect those to have pretty much the same overhead.

There are some optimizations that take place when submissions are combined into a single submit file, even if many separate queue statements are used. It would be good to test 100 separate invocations of condor_submit in your environment.

--Dan