Re: [Condor-users] maxidle for a dag with one node?

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011, Rob de Graaf wrote:

Thanks, that helps a lot. Using the VARS keyword, I was able to build a
single DAG with many single-process jobs using the same submit file, as
in the "runnumber" example in section 2.10.12 of the manual. Unlike the
example though, using a variable from the DAG to specify log location
doesn't work; I don't get any logs. Perhaps because I'm on version 7.4?
I suppose I need to use NODE_STATUS_FILE to check for completed jobs.

Log files are a special case -- you are not allowed to use macros in log file names for DAGMan node jobs. That's an error in the manual. From DAGMan's point of view, though, it's fine for all of the jobs to have the same log file. So unless you have some requirement of your own that each job have its own log file, you can just use a fixed log file name for all of your jobs.

Hopefully if you do that, it will be a solution to your issues.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team