Re: [Condor-users] maxidle for a dag with one node?

On 09/25/2011 11:38 PM, R. Kent Wenger wrote:
Log files are a special case -- you are not allowed to use macros in log
file names for DAGMan node jobs. That's an error in the manual. From
DAGMan's point of view, though, it's fine for all of the jobs to have
the same log file. So unless you have some requirement of your own that
each job have its own log file, you can just use a fixed log file name
for all of your jobs.

Hopefully if you do that, it will be a solution to your issues.

I was using the job log files to find completed jobs and do some post processing on their output, stitching them together to save inodes. For a quick fix I used dagman.out instead, but either way would work. Since I now have a DAG with many single-process jobs anyway, I could simply insert scheduler universe jobs every N nodes, problem solved.

Thanks!

Rob