Re: [Condor-users] Problem with UID_DOMAIN

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 07:07:52PM +0200, Rob de Graaf wrote:
> I believe Condor does check the UID, see SOFT_UID_DOMAIN here:
>
> http://research.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.8/3_3Configuration.html

Ah - so I can tell it to ignore the username and run as whatever uid
submitted it; but I can't tell it to ignore the UID and run it as the given
username. That must be it.

Related question: is setting a macro to the empty string the same as leaving
it undefined?  Or is there a specific way to undefine a macro?

Reason:

"An administrator can also leave UID_DOMAIN undefined. This will force
Condor to always run jobs as user nobody."

So I'd like to be able to undefine it in condor_config.local, without
messing with the global condor_config which defines it to $(FULL_HOSTNAME)

Thanks,

Brian.