Re: [Condor-users] how to fix 'DC_AUTHENTICATE: Unable to reconcile!'?

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 10:05:39PM +0000, Gang Qin wrote:
> Dear expert:
>
>   Today I try to add a new machine as condor submitter, after adding 'SCHEDD'
> to the DAEMON_LIST and restarting the condor service, condor_q and
> condor_status could work. But when I try to submit a job, it fails with the
> following error:
>
>   ERROR: Failed to connect to local queue manager
> SECMAN:2007:Failed to end classad message.
>
>   And in SchedLog , I see the following error message:
>
> 08/30/12 23:54:33 (pid:12036) DC_AUTHENTICATE: Unable to reconcile!

this means the security policy can't be agreed on by the client and server.

you can more info by setting (in the condor_config)
  TOOL_DEBUG = D_ALL
  SUBMIT_DEBUG = D_ALL

in the condor config file, and then running:
  condor_submit -debug <your submit file>

if you want to send me the output of that (offlist is fine) i'll see if i can
find the problem.

cheers,
-zach