[HTCondor-users] Old and New ClassAds

I came across an oddity in the documentation here:
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v7.8/4_1HTCondor_s_ClassAd.html#SECTION00511000000000000000

"HTCondor will avoid using these features until the 7.7.x development series,
as using them makes it difficult to interact with older versions of
HTCondor."

And at two points later in the page it refers to "this HTCondor version
7.5.1 release"

But this is the manual for 7.8.x :-)

Anyway, this makes me wonder about the accuracy of an assertion made
slightly earlier:

"All user interaction with tools (such as condor_q) as well as output of
tools is still done as Old ClassAds"

I *think* this is still true (e.g. condor_status -long gives what looks like
old-style ClassAds).  Is that correct?

Thanks,

Brian.