[Condor-users] Adding machines to condor pool

I’m having some newbie trouble adding a machine to my condor pool. I wanted to set up a very simple pool of 3 machines, all of which are on a shared file system. I am able to install condor on my master and successfully submit simple jobs. The problem starts when I try to install the same condor binaries on the second machine. Here’s what happens…

ld-chhfe02:/home/spervez1/condor $ condor_install --install-dir=$HOME/condor --local-dir=/home/spervez1/condor/local.ld-chhfe02 --type=execute

Missing release directories (looking in /home/spervez1/condor/sbin):

  etc

  include

  src

  lib

  libexec

  bin

  sbin

  man

  /home/spervez1/condor/sbin/bin/condor_config_val

  /home/spervez1/condor/sbin/bin/condor_q

  /home/spervez1/condor/sbin/bin/condor_status

  /home/spervez1/condor/sbin/bin/condor_submit

  /home/spervez1/condor/sbin/bin/condor_version

  /home/spervez1/condor/sbin/sbin/condor_collector

  /home/spervez1/condor/sbin/sbin/condor_master

  /home/spervez1/condor/sbin/sbin/condor_schedd

  /home/spervez1/condor/sbin/sbin/condor_startd

Unable to find some release directories.

  Please specify the correct location of these with

--install=<path to release directories> or make sure it's

in the current directory

Does anyone know what is going on here? For some reason condor is looking for the binaries in …/condor/sbin when it should just be looking for them in …/condor/. I’ve looked endlessly for a config variable that I might have set wrongly but no luck. I’d appreciate any pointers on where to start looking. Thanks!

Salman