Re: [Condor-users] Question about using Condor in a non-Grid environment

On Jul 20, 2012, at 11:43 AM, Greg Thain wrote:
> It so happens that the parallel universe will request the machines start in rank order, but doesn't get confirmation that the first instruction (say) of the user executable has completed.

This is what I thought.  Rank translates to start order but first to start is not the same thing as first to be ready to process data.  This isn't just resource management.  It's also dependency management.  The parallel universe doesn't provide dependency management.  Whether or not the parallel universe is usable hinges on whether or not Jan's team members want to write this dependency management into their tools.

--
Rich Pieri <ratinox@xxxxxxx>
MIT Laboratory for Nuclear Science