Re: [Condor-users] Standard Universe Jobs - File Permission Errors

Changing the submit file to use /bin/sh in the command line & use the script as an argument has the same result.

If trying to get the job to run on an execute machine that is not the submit machine, file permission error is seen;

Hold reason: Error from slot2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Failed to open '/home/star/pb337/condortest/sh/helloworld_sh_x64.out' as standard output: Permission denied (errno 13)

I can run the script manually anywhere on any machine in the pool, it's just a hello world script that writes to an NFS mounted location. Similarly, the computing jobs we actually want to run on this pool will run but only so long as the submit machine is the same as the execute machine.

I can check to see what UID & GID the NFS directory is being mounted with. But what should they be? The Condor user or the UID:GID of the submitting user?

Thanks,
Paul