Re: [Condor-users] Condor deployment on multiple distributed resources

Sergio,

Condor has the three key components
of a workload management system:

1. Resource information (Condor collector
    and start daemons);

2. Job management (Condor sched daemon
    and adapters for communicating with remote
    resources);

3. Job scheduling (Condor negotiator that uses
    matchmaking between the resource classAds
    and job classAds).

The condor sched daemon takes care of
jobs submitted to that sched (you can have
scheds running on multuple server for
scalability); it works with the negotiator to
select a resource (which can be a server or
a remote cluster managed by a separate workload
manager such as PBS) that matches the job.

The sched daemon communicates with the
remote resource using a resource-specific
adapter, e.g., a GT5, LSF, or PBS adapter.
The adapter is co-located with the scheduler
and communicates over the network with the
remote resource.

On the remote cluster you need to
install the "information provider" that
will give the collector daemon of
your Condor installation information
about the resources provided by the
cluster.

You also need for your Condor installation
to have the right adapter between
sched and the remote cluster.

Gabriel