Re: [Condor-users] arguments string with single quotes

On Thursday, 21 June, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Triplett, Sara wrote:

Thanks, Ian.

I’m actually using a vbs file as my driver, which could have its own parsing quirks.  Incidentally, the way I was determining what is getting passed to my script (as opposed to how my script is parsing it) was by looking at the StarterLog for the associated slot.

My submit file says: arguments = “'subarg1=''val1''' 'subarg2=''val2''' 'subarg3=''val3'''”

But the StarterLog for the slot the job got sent to says this: About to exec C:\condor\execute\dir_5672\condor_exec.vbs subarg1=''''val1'''' subarg2=''''val2'''' subarg3=''''val3''''

Can I safely assume that what shows up in the StarterLog is what’s actually getting passed, or could there be some additional parsing weirdness in writing the StarterLog?

Yes, that should be a safe assumption. You can use that log message to call the script in the same way Condor is calling too.

Regards,
- Ian

---
Ian Chesal

Cycle Computing, LLC
Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com
http://twitter.com/cyclecomputing