Re: [Condor-users] Monitoring the load of a job

Hi

We usually use a combination of
condor_q -run to see which jobs belongs to which slot
and condor_status to see the load on this slot.
However, I do not know how to combine this information.

Best regards,
Hermann
On Thu, 2012-03-22 at 11:35 +0000, Bob Briscoe wrote:
> Hi,
> Can one monitor the load generated by a particular job as it's running? I ask because occassionaly a job may claim a slot, be in running state, but actually be sitting idle as it's expecting some input to be sent to it from some other machine (e.g. could be a case of deadlock). In such a case it would be useful to see that slot's load. I know that condor_status publishes the loads of slots, but it often gets its mappings wrong, so unclaimed states are reported under load whereas working slots are shown to be un-loaded. Also, we'd like to do this via condor_q or some similar command which would specify the job id or user id.
> TIA,
> Bob
>
> The archives can be found at:

DI Hermann Fuchs
Christian Doppler Laboratory for Medical Radiation Research for Radiation Oncology
Department of Radiation Oncology
Medical University Vienna
Währinger Gürtel 18-20
A-1090 Wien